Nastran 3D Viewer is a fast and lightweight viewer for Nastran finite element model.
It has been specially designed to efficiently load models from Nastran bulk or op2 files in order to rapidly view the finite element model shape and access the model properties.
- Load finite element model from Nastran bulk (.bdf, .dat, …) and op2 files.
- Load and display node displacement results from op2 files for static, harmonic and transient calculations.
- Animation of deformations and output in gif or avi. (full)
- Multiple file loading / append by simple drag’n drop.
- Display node details (ID, cord ID, position in local/global cord, include file, …). (full)
- Display elements details (ID, Grids ID, propety ID, include file, …). (full)
- Display elements properties (Thickness, Material ID, Young modulus, …). (full)
- Display local cord details (ID, matrices, …). (full)
- Select by id (full), by picking or bounding box , by element type (new) …
- Move nodes and elements by value or by mouse. (full)
- Multilingual (EN, FR).
- Online update detection (new).
- Hide element and nodes by id (full), by picking or bounding box.
- Display elements and nodes number. (full)
- Group elements by property or include file.
- Toggle between displayed / hidden elements.
- Hide elements by include or property by a single click.
- Align view to the global directions.
- Display in shaded or wireframe mode.
- Display local cord systems.
- Supported cards : GRID, CQUAD4, CSHEAR, CTRIA3, CONM2, CBUSH, CBAR, CBEAM, CROD, CONROD, RBE2, RBE3, CORD2, CPENTA, CTETRA, CHEXA, RBAR, PLOTEL, CELAS2, CTRIA6 (new) and CQUAD8 (new).
- Distance between two node (in given cord system).
- Liste node position (in given cord system). (full)
- Free edges detection. (full)
- Non used nodes detection. (full)
- Elements area calculation. (full)
- Select connected elements. (full)
- Elements quality (warp, skew, taper, max ratio, …). See v1.35 update video below. Quality computation is done using The Verdict Library. (full) (new)
(full) : features available in the registered version.
(new) : new features.
Updates and changelog
Presentation of the v1.35 new features :
- Elements quality checks
- Action by element type
v1.35 New features: • Reading quadratic elements CQUAD8 and CTRIA6 • Add element quality checks (Tools menu) • Add action by element type - button "by type" appears when element type is selected - press "ctrl" to invert selection • When selecting by ID: press "ctrl" to invert selection • New update online detection (need software to access https://meca-software.com ) - Can be deactivated in the "?" menu Improvements: • Better implementation of the selection by ID function • Press "echap" to delete the free edges and element quality display
The Nastran 3D Viewer is free to evaluate. Some features are deactivated in the evaluation version. As it exists an infinity of ways to implement and use finite element models, the evaluation version allows the user to test if the program is able to correctly display its models with enough efficiency before to switch to the full version.
Once the program activated with the correct licence key all features become available.
Triple licence mode: it allows the user to generate 3 licence keys. It means that the user can install the program on one machine and change 3 times the machine, or he can install it directly on 3 different machines.
Have a look at the licence order and generation process.
Get here to order full version.
Here is the latest version of Nastran 3D viewer for windows.Nastran_3D_Viewer_Setup - v1.35 - 38.6MB - 2020/03/09